A tradition beginning in 1994, the St. Ann’s Men Club has organized the distribution of Thanksgiving Baskets to those in need on the weekend before Thanksgiving Day. Last year, over 1,300 baskets were distributed to families in Coppell, Flower Mound, Lewisville and surrounding areas. Family names are obtained from Coppell ISD, Wellington, and those provided to our parish office. Volunteers that have assisted, especially those that have distributed the baskets to the recipients, have departed the event with a sense of fulfillment, joyful smiles, uplifted spirits, and tears of satisfaction of making “a difference” in someone else’s life.
How can you help?
- Donate cash or a gift card from a local grocery store (label an envelope “Thanksgiving baskets” and place in the collection basket) or click image above to make an electronic donation.
- Drop-Off canned goods and cash donations.A donation box will be available starting middle of October located in the back of the main church. Make arrangements to drop-off at food donation site (see link below). The following list of canned goods/basket fillers will be preferred:
Aluminum turkey cooking pan
‐Corn 15.25 oz.
‐Green Beans 14.5 oz.
‐Peas 15 oz.
‐Carrots 15 oz.
‐Mixed Vegetables 15 oz.
‐Cranberries 14 oz.
Gravy Mix packets
Macaroni and Cheese 7.25 oz. box
Stuffing in a 6 oz. box or 16 oz. bag
Items for dessert
‐Gram Cracker Crust in Pie Pan (Or Aluminum Pie Pan and Box of Gram Cracker Crust)
‐Pumpkin Pie Filling 15 oz.
‐instant Pudding Pie Filling large box 6 ½ cup size.
- Volunteer to work with local grocery stores for donations of goods or cost reductions.
Help sort and assemble the baskets
- Share any business contacts in the grocery, dairy, produce, or bread business (provide contacts to Eddie)
- Work with a dairy to obtain milk and eggs (provide contacts to Eddie)
- Obtain loaves of bread and potatoes (provide contacts to Eddie)
- Assemble boxes (sign up using the above link)
- Pack baskets (sign up using the above link)
- Deliver baskets (sign up using the above link)
Contact Eddie Provencio for more information:
at 682-553-9523 or EddieProve04@yahoo.com