PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT INFORMATION
So that we may better help you, please
both of your names along with your addresses and please include both your religions along with the address where you would like to receive your enagement packet.
1. Once you have received the
“Engagement Packet”, read the packet thoroughly
. This packet should answer most of your questions.
- Return the “
Engaged Couple Information Form
St. Ann Catholic Parish
Attn: Alicia Saucedo
180 Samuel Blvd
Coppell, TX 75019
Be sure to include on this form the celebrants’ name and address also the church’s name and address. Letters will be sent to them confirming the date and time.
2. Once the “Engaged Couple Information” form has been sent to the church, email:
or call Alicia to schedule an initial meeting to begin your marriage preparation paperwork (this meeting usually takes about 1½ hrs). Your paperwork will be processed after your initial meeting. (Couples are required to take FOCCUS, a compatibility instrument, early on to determine if they will be required to see a Marriage Readiness Assessor/Counselor before moving ahead). A confirmation letter will be sent to you confirming date, time and rehearsal time of your wedding event after it has been determined that the couple understands what a Catholic Christian marriage covenant encompasses. Mixed religion couples must understand Church Law concerning the necessary dispensation for such a union from the Bishop or his delegate. Any impediments (i.e., prior marriages) will put a hold on any plans to marry in the Church until any such impediments are removed. Become aware of Church teaching with regard to cohabitation prior to marriage and Natural Family Planning.
3. It is now a good time to decide what Engaged Encounter you would like to pursue. The “Weekend Retreat”** or the “Sponsor Couple” (pamphlets were included in your Engaged Packet). Send the appropriate form along with your check or money order to the address on the pamphlet. Also, check into and make arrangements to attend the Natural Family Planning sessions.
** If you have chosen the “Weekend Retreat”, please make arrangements for someone to go over your FOCCUS questionnaire with you
Things to do – 5-6 months from wedding day….(after the above has been done)
- Obtain Baptismal Certificates - see description of “Documents & Witnesses” in your Engaged Packet.
- Send your “Affidavits of Free Status” form one to grooms parents and one to bride’s parents.
- Turn in paperwork as it is completed.
Things to do – 3 months from wedding day
Please check with the church where you are marrying for suggested stipends for your wedding.
- Make sure all paperwork has been turned in. Is there anything else needed? Questions? Call Alicia 972/393-5544 ext 1815 or email her at email@example.com