PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT INFORMATION
To Do for marriages AT St. Ann
In order to better seve you, please
both of your names along with your addresses and please include both your religions. St. Ann's Guideline letter will be sent back to you for you and your fiance to read. A response will be requested along with the address where you would like to receive your enagement packet. Once that response is received, an Engagement Packet will be sent to you.
Read the “Engagement Packet” thoroughly
. This packet should answer most of your questions.
- Return the “
Engaged Couple Information Form
St. Ann Catholic Parish
Attn: Alicia Saucedo
180 Samuel Blvd
Coppell, TX 75019
Be sure to include on this form the wedding time you would prefer
(i.e., 2pm or 7pm). These are the only times available for weddings
. Also indicate whether you would like to have a Mass or no Mass
(Catholic and UNBAPTIZED couple are encouraged to refrain from having a Mass)
. The date and time will be tentative until you receive a confirmation letter.
- Note about your wedding attire. Marriage is a sacrament. Therefore, everything in the celebration should reflect holiness and reverence. Please take special care when selecting the bridal gown and bridesmaids dresses.
2. After the “Engaged Couple Information” form has been sent to the church and Alicia has a chance to process it, you will be sent an email which will ask you to schedule an initial meeting to begin your marriage preparation paperwork (this meeting usually takes about 1½ hrs). This meeting must occur before St. Ann’s will confirm the wedding date you have requested. (Couples are required to take FOCCUS, a compatibility instrument, early on to determine if they will be required to see a Marriage Readiness Assessor/Counselor before moving ahead). A confirmation letter will be sent to you confirming date, time and rehearsal time of your wedding event after it has been determined that the couple understands what a Catholic Christian marriage covenant encompasses. Mixed religion couples must understand Church Law concerning the necessary dispensation for such a union from the Bishop or his delegate. Any impediments (i.e., prior marriages) will put a hold on any plans to marry in the Church until any such impediments are removed. Become aware of Church teaching with regard to cohabitation prior to marriage and Natural Family Planning.
3. It is now a good time to decide what Engaged Encounter you would like to pursue. The “Weekend Retreat”** or the “Sponsor Couple” (pamphlets were included in your Engaged Packet). Send the appropriate form along with your check or money order to the address on the pamphlet. Also, please consider making arrangements to attend the Natural Family Planning sessions. Natural Family Planning is not a requirement to marry, but we highly encourage you to take these sessions as they would be beneficial to you and your relationship.
** If you have chosen the “Weekend Retreat”, please make arrangements for someone to go over your FOCCUS questionnaire with you
Things to do – 5-6 months from wedding day….(after 1-3 from above has been done)
- Obtain Baptismal Certificates - see description of “Documents & Witnesses” in your Engaged Packet.
- Contact Curtis Stephan ext 1501 regarding your music desires on your wedding day. This must be done before any music decisions have been made.
- Send your “Affidavits of Free Status” form one to grooms parents and one to bride’s parents. For Catholics and Non-Catholics, this form must be completed by a Catholic priest, deacon, delegate or notary in the presence of a parent(s). If your parents live out of town, mail or fax the form to them. You do not need to be present. We will need the original for our files.
- Submit your paperwork as it is completed.
Things to do – 3 months from wedding day
Confirm that all paperwork has been submitted along with any fees still due. Secure altar servers with Alicia Saucedo at (972) 393-5544 ext 1815 or email:
email@example.com (if Mass is being celebrated). For additional questions email Alicia at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (972) 393-5544 ext 1815
**********Pick up your “Together for Life book”
for scheduling the readings and gospel etc. **********
Make sure your file is complete
no later than 2 months prior to wedding.
OCCUPYING THE FACILITY
- If your wedding is at
2pm you may occupy the facility at 12:15pm
Wait to prepare the Chapel until 12:30pm
Chapel, Brides Rm & Grooms Rm cleaned and vacated by 3:30pm
- If your wedding is at
7pm you may occupy the facility (
Bride & Groom Rooms) at 5:15pm
- keep in mind that vigil Mass ends at 6pm.
Wait to prepare the Chapel until 6pm after Mass is over
Chapel, Brides Rm & Grooms Rm cleaned and vacated by 8:30
Please respect this time frame
Many couples have asked about recommended amounts to give to the priest, deacon and altar servers. While there is no charge for their services, it is customary to offer a stipend. The standard stipend amount offered for an altar server is $30. For the priest or deacon, stipend amounts vary depending upon the generosity and appreciation of the couple. Minimally, however, the amount would not be less than what a couple pays for the musician(s) in the wedding.
: St. Ann’s has “Rehearsal Coordinators”.
This person facilitates the rehearsal and the ceremony in addition to assisting the celebrant.
A Rehearsal Coordinator will be assiged to you within 3 months prior to your wedding.