Building Tomorrow’s Parish Today is a unique expression of the mission and vision of St. Ann Parish. As we looked at every aspect of parish life, six pillars emerged and these are the pillars we focused on throughout the plan:
Our clergy, staff, ministries, and parishioners embrace a vitality and intensity of worship and prayer. We glorify God through our Sunday liturgies; many, varied sacramental celebrations; perpetual Eucharistic adoration; strong communal prayer and more. The most important work within a parish community takes place in the weekend liturgy when the people gather to worship. The Eucharistic Celebration is central and should always be given the highest priority of all activities of parish life. We will continue this work.
Our parish values excellent formation. Our dynamic programs are known for their quality. The numbers enrolled in our children and youth programs, as well as RCIA attest to that. We are building upon this pillar in two ways. First, we are expanding our support for adult formation. We also are taking up the call from Pope Francis to open wide the doors of faith to become ‘missionary disciples’. We are focusing on evangelization and discipleship throughout our parish efforts, across all programs and ministries.
St. Ann Parish has long been a church of outreach. We have and will continue to be servant leaders in all aspects of our church. The parish through our many ministries reaches out to those in need both within our church as well as those in the larger community and the world. Joyful service is a way St. Ann Parish embraces our role as disciples of Jesus and stewards of God’s gifts in a bolder way. We will encourage and enable St. Ann Parish ministries that are dedicated to the service of others.
We are a welcoming community. We will help new parishioners better integrate into our parish life through worship, discipleship, formation, stewardship, service and fellowship. We also seek to integrate the parish into our parishioner’s lives by providing spiritual support and meeting the sacramental needs of our entire community:
Through both these efforts we can become a community of parishioners dedicated to continuous spiritual growth as ambassadors for and disciples of Jesus Christ.
We heard your desire to make our large parish feel smaller and more connected. We will implement better communication by utilizing a variety of mediums to give parishioners vital information. We will be more intentional in developing small groups within the parish to make our large parish a more intimate faith community. We will also develop means to assist parishioners in identifying and connecting with ministries through which they can serve. The more connected we are the more effective we can be in our discipleship and ministry.
Over the last thirty years, our community has grown in diversity. Today, St. Ann Parish is multicultural with families from a variety of countries and ethnicities: Korean, Vietnamese, Filipino, Indian, Nigerian, Canadian, Czech and other European countries. Over twenty-five percent of our parishioners come from Spanish speaking countries. We will unite as one body that honors the many cultures in our parish and serve the pastoral needs of our Spanish speaking parishioners. We will remain as one church by building opportunities to pray, plan, work, eat and play together.
Building Tomorrow’s Parish Today
supports of each of these strategic goals for our pillars with objectives and target dates.
- Spiritually nourish our community by prioritizing the preparation for and celebration of our weekend celebration of the Eucharist
- Create key opportunities for our diverse community to pray as One Body
- Encourage and support one another to live as disciples of Jesus Christ
- Awaken and enrich the commitment to lifelong adult faith formation of all parishioners to grow in the life of Christ through experience, reflection, prayer and study
- Increase our ability to evangelize to the world by engaging and spiritually support our young adult community
- Expand our capability to assist families in meeting the religious education and sacramental needs of all children
- Further our ability to engage youth through increased outreach and support
- Infuse authentic discipleship that bears fruit in the stewardship of all gifts and a life of service
- Demonstrate our respect and concern for the life and dignity of the human person, especially the poor and vulnerable, through support of service ministries
- More fully engage our parishioners in the social justice issues in our local area and beyond
- Attract new members and strengthen a sense of community by communicating effectively, especially to younger generations, using current technologies and media channels
- Welcome new and returning members into our faith community and engage them in meaningful parish activities, in order to promote opportunities for spiritual growth and service
- Enhance parishioners ability to connect with one another by creating and supporting small groups for faith sharing and pastoral support
- Establish a united, welcoming community of highly engaged parishioners dedicated to continuous spiritual growth as ambassadors for and disciples of Jesus Christ
- Foster an inclusive environment for all members of the parish community by meeting the pastoral needs of individual members and families
- Expand family-based programs and services in English and Spanish
- Embrace and celebrate the diversity of our multi-cultural parish, ensuring the Hispanic culture is a vibrant part of the parish
- Augment pastoral support for our Spanish speaking parishioners
- Prepare staff, ministries and volunteers to fully engage and serve a multicultural parish