St. Ann Sunday School Policies & Procedures
Certain procedures are in place to ensure the safety of your child. Parents are given a security tag that you return after Mass in order to pick up your child. Children are not allowed to leave unless the parent has returned the security tag. This method helps to make sure the children are released only to their parents:
- Do NOT drop off your child in the classroom earlier than 15 minutes before the hour. The St. Ann Safe Environment Procedure states children may not be left in the classroom before this time since the teachers are in and out as they prepare for their class.
- As each child arrives, the child’s parent is given a Tag with the Mass time, class room number and name of last name of child.
- When Sunday School is over, please be patient as the children are released one at a time.The parent will give the teacher the Tag, and the teacher will release your child to you.
- Children will NOT be released to another adult if they do not have the Tag or a sibling.
- If the Tag has been lost, you will need to go to the CRE office and talk to one of the Sunday School Staff. You will be asked to present identification in order to pick up your child.
Should your child need you during class, we will let you know. It has worked well for us to text you during Mass if you are needed. In most cases however, it is a matter of adjusting to the new classroom and they usually do much better after you leave. Being consistent in bringing them to class will help them adjust as they learn this is part of their normal routine.
Sunday School Teachers
Your assistance will be appreciated in helping us adhere to these
for the safety and well being of your child. If you are asked to assist with
your child’s class because the teachers are not able to attend due to an unforeseen absence, we hope that you will assist. No class will be held unless there are at least two adults over age 21 and at least one will have had the required Safe Environment Training and background checks.
Please remember - Sunday School Teachers and Coordinators are volunteers who have given of their time and talent to share their faith and teach the stories from the Bible with your child. Please help them to make this an enjoyable year for your child and give the Teachers your support and feedback.
Well Child Policy
As the season changes so does the climate for contagious diseases. Young children are very susceptible to colds, flu and other diseases. We realize a child’s illness can be a difficult time for a parent, and it’s often frustrating to rearrange your schedules to provide care for a sick child at home.
We want to help eliminate these concerns as much as possible. This requires that our classrooms have the healthiest environment possible. The best way to prevent illness is to prevent exposure. The purpose of this letter is to help our teachers and parents work together to provide a healthy environment.
The following is the St. Ann Sunday School
We will work to adhere to this policy for the safety and well being of all the children.
Please keep your child at home if any one of the following has occurred within the last 24 hours:
- Green or yellow running nose -Excessive coughing -Questionable Rash
- Any communicable disease
A quick health check will be conducted when you bring your child to the classroom. A child will not be admitted if any of the symptoms above are present.
- If your child is being treated with an antibiotic, he or she should have received the treatment for at least 24 hours before coming to class.
- Should your child become ill or is accidentally hurt while in the classroom, we will notify you promptly via a text message. Please have your phone on vibrate.
- No medicine should be left with the child. Medication should only be administered by the parents as we are not trained nor equipped to handle this situation for a one hour class.
Toys – Please leave these items at home or in your car since they are not part of the lesson. Any toys used in the classroom will be appropriate to reinforce the lesson so no child will feel left out.
Food – Food is only allowed for class parties. If your child needs the nourishment, please make sure to feed them before class. We will let you know ahead of time when food is served and what we are serving for those who are allergic.
Bathroom – It would be very helpful if you could have your child go with you and use the bathroom before class begins. This will greatly assist the student and teachers who otherwise are taken away from the lesson.
Donuts - Please come pick your child up as soon as possible after Mass. Donuts are placed near the Sunday School entrance to ensure that your family will be able to enjoy the treat after you have picked up your Sunday School student. By picking your child up immediately after Mass it will allow the Teachers to have time with their families too.
Sunday School Administration
Nikki Scancella – Sunday School Coordinator
Patty Hernandez – Sunday School Staff
Loreen Shillinglaw & Kim Cesario – CRE Staff
Debbie Kaluza - Children's Religious Education Director
For questions or comments, please feel free to call the