"Confirmation completes baptismal grace, binds the baptized more perfectly to the church and enriches them with the special strength of the Holy Spirit, making the baptized true witnesses of Christ, obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed." [CCC, No. 1285]
Adult Confirmation Sessions - 2017
7:00 – 8:30 pm
SAC Room 315
Instructor: Laney Sherburne / Fr. Henry Petter
Who can be confirmed?
Adult Catholics 18 years and older who have:
- Been baptized and have received First Communion
- Have been catechized and understand the teachings of the Catholic Church
- They are actively attending Mass and receiving the sacraments
- Are free to receive sacraments and do not have any impediments.
To register please submit an updated baptism certificate with notations, certificate of First Communion, and schedule pre-Confirmation interview with the Adult Religious Education Director.
All candidates for Confirmation must have a sponsor. The sponsors are encouraged to attend all preparation sessions.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must be fully initiated in the Catholic Church (Baptized, Confirmed, Holy Communion)
- If married, the marriage must be recognized by the Catholic Church.
- Must not be the parent/guardian, or step parent of the candidate.
Preparation sessions will be held on the following Monday evenings from 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm in Room #315: April 24, May 1, May 8, and May 15
Confirmation will be celebrated on Pentecost Sunday, June 4, 2017 at the 8:00 am Mass.
For more information and to register, please contact Marie Zavala at 972-393-5544, ext. 1860